I just got an exciting press release from the Orange County Extension Office for a “green” event called the “Eco-nomic Living Expo!” You will learn how to save money while going to a greener lifestyle!
Orange County Saves: Eco-Nomic Living EXPO
February 9, 2008
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Orange County/University of Florida IFAS Extension/Education Center
6021 South Conway Road
Orlando, FL 32812
This FREE EXPO is a new program developed by the Orange County/University of Florida Extension faculty and staff.
Orange County/University of Florida IFAS Extension educators are helping Orange County Residents build wealth through living green. How consumers do things in their daily routines can make a big difference on their wallet and the environment.
Residents will learn simple strategies and Best Management Practices to:
• Save Energy
• Improve Health
• Save our Communities Natural Resources
• Water & Energy Conservation
• Water Quality
• Use and Reuse of Materials
• Safety Issues
University of Florida agents and vendors will be present to share innovative products and services.
For more information and to pre-register call 407-254-9200.
For those who want the PDFs to print and share with others — here they are:
The workshop schedule looks awesome! Workshop titles include
- Save the Good Bugs
- Clean and Green
- Strategies for Saving Water
- Energy Efficiencies and Alternate Energy Sources
- Enviro-shopping for the Kitchen
- Ways to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Top Ten Ways to Save on Irrigation
- Food: Is it Organic?
- What’s Underfoot in a Green Home
- Landscaping to Save Energy
- What Comes Natural? Family Time
The Youth Program Stations feature:
- Using Water Wisely
- Bicycle Safety
- Solar Energy
- Staying Fit With Veggies in a Pot
- Vermiculture Compsoting
The event is free to the public, but do take the time to pre-register over the phone (407-254-9200) so they know how many supplies and refreshments to have on hand.
See you there!