You too can be a part of the Orlando Green Guide! Here’s the scoop…
GUIDELINES FOR WRITERS
We ask our contributing authors write honest reviews for the Orlando Green Guide and that they do not use affiliate links. If the contributor has some type of relationship with the business owner, we ask that they reveal this info in their review. Obviously, contributors may not review their own businesses.
This site is about finding the best holistic resources in the Greater Orlando area, so we would like to keep things as positive as possible. Look at this website as an opportunity to share positive experiences you’ve had within the area, but be sure to include any “cons” in your review if you feel the need. Remember that our readers will be free to comment and share their own experiences, so the site should end up with a good balance of positive/negative reviews.
READER REVIEW SUBMISSIONS
We accept reviews from those who are not able or willing to become a regular contributing writer but want to share info about a local practitioner or business. If accepted, you will be given a byline as “Sent from reader _____” on the piece but no extra link to your website on the “Contributor Websites” sidebar.
Those are reserved for authors with site privileges who contribute at least one review each month.
You can also become a regular writer. Orlando Green Guide writers are asked to post at least once a month, but more frequent posting is encouraged and appreciated. There’s no word minimum for reviews. We just ask that you give as much detail as necessary to convey to the reader why you’re making the recommendation.
Our regular writers will also have the option of having up to 2 links included in the “Contributor Websites” sidebar as a “thank you” for their contributions.
Due to costs associated with the Green Guide, the site editors will feature more than 2 links on the blogroll.
Here are a few areas/topics we’re hoping to see covered in case you’re a contributing writer and need help getting started:
- Whole Foods (Winter Park)
- Chamberlin’s (Winter Park)
- Orlando Organics
- Hoover’s Health Essentials in Altamonte Springs (formerly Economy)
- Health Basket (Mount Dora)
- Homebirth Midwives
- Lactation Consultants
- Holistic Vets in the Area
- Natural/Organic Restaurants
- Natural Salons and Spas
- Louise’s Pet Connection
- Sanford Farmer’s Market
- Natural Cleaning Services
- Natural Pest Control
This is not a comprehensive list; it’s simply a list of suggestions to get you started.
REMINDER FOR ALL WRITERS
- Please proofread carefully and use spellcheck before publishing your review. We want a site that’s free of typos.
- Please search the site before you write on a particular practitioner or resource. We do *not* want duplicate reviews. Instead, go to the review that’s already published and add your comments. Thank you!
- Post unique content only on the Orlando Green Guide because posting reviews and articles that can be found on other sites will have a negative effect on our Google ranking.
- Remember that all reviews should pertain to resources in the Greater Orlando area. There are many natural parenting sites. What makes us different is the fact we’re focused on local resources. If you have a general article you’d like to write for the site, post that in the articles section.
- If you’d like to submit or become a regular contributor, please contact Melita Franzen with your info along with why you want to write for the Green Guide. We look forward to hearing from you!